Category Archives: Photos
November 7, 2012 by Amie M
Rashaad and Vanessa are awesome. They put up with Paul’s and my tardiness, Paul’s no cooperating, and my making silly faces. Somehow, through all of that, they managed to put together two days of engagement photos shooting, and editing. Even though Mom thinks Rashaad could have edited much faster.
All photo credit is to Rashaad Bhamjee.
Thanks again to Rashaad and Vanessa for putting together an engagement shoot!Advertisements
Leave a comment
September 20, 2012 by Amie M
Since that beast is off my back, and out of my mind, I have a long list of things that I am itching to get done, organized, start, try, and experiment.
1. Organize and photograph my stash for Ravelry. It’s been awhile. I’ve received some delicious yarns in swaps recently, and I have not updated my stash to reflect my new tastes!
2. Buy a yarn winder and swift. The almost 2 kilos of alpaca I smuggled brought back from Peru are teasing me with their warmth and are becoming too irresistible to put off making them closer to my skin any longer. I need a winder and swift to make it easier to turn them into balls, then balls into a gorgeous fairisle cardigan.
3. Bake macarons. I bought the almond flour, I now have heavy machinery to back me up, and the landlord replaced the relic of an oven we had before. Everything is aligning to attempt this huge feat for a baker. I want to do it. I want to figure out how to make the perfect little feetsies on the meringues.
4. Clean the back room. Some important wedding events are coming up. And with them, comes guests. Our guest room is not in fit enough shape to receive. We need to fix that. Maybe this one should be moved up in priority? Bah, everyone knows Ravelry comes first!
5. Be more adventurous in my photo taking and plating. I have two adorable cats, I bake a lot of things, knit a little, and sew somewhat. I should be better at taking photos and framing them. Heck, the fiancé is marvelous at this, maybe I should pay more attention to him!
Now that my evenings and weekends are free, maybe I can start chipping away at some of these tasks. I think it’s totally do-able. But where to start…
July 17, 2012 by Amie M
We’ve been dragging our butts like dogs with worms, as Dad would say. We have been back from our wonderful Peruvian adventure (we really did that?) for coming on 3 months now. There are still some loose ends to take care to further encase our time in the Andes in our memories, and our home.
We shopped around for a good deal on printing Paul’s best shot of Machu Picchu, and finally pulled the trigger on getting it. Simply Color Lab is who we went with, and we got an amazing deal. Your first order is 50% off, and they have insanely low shipping rates. So for regular 217$, we got a humongous canvas print for 108.
It is a jawdropper. All our friends who have visited since we hung this bad boy up (which was a hot half a minute after it showed up) have stared at it, mouths agape. My response has been “Yep, I take good photos, don’t I?”*
*Disclaimer: I did not take this photo. All the awesome photos I publish are really Paul’s. Seriously, they are. The lower quality, shakey ones are me. Unless Paul is in it, then I probably took that one, too, under careful supervision of using his camera.
June 4, 2012 by Amie M
We added a bouncing bundle of joyful fur to our family last week. Although it seems like a spur of the moment decision to outsiders, it has been one Paul and I have been discussing and weighing for some time.
Paul was stopping in at a pet store on his way home from work on Tuesday. The same pet store where one of the local humane society’s houses their kittens. He thought “What the heck, I’ll just pop into the kitten room and see who’s around.” Lo and behold, a certain orange haired fluffball that we have been admiring and thought was adopted was back!
I was at school after work that day, and didn’t have my phone. With great happenstance I called Paul to ask for a ride home on his way by because I cut my leg on my bike and was getting blood on my skirt.
He giggled and said he was currently looking at an adorable kitten. Did we want to get one now? I paused, and asked “How late are they open ’til?” I heard a family walk in and they were exclaiming over the kittens. “Don’t let them take our baby!” I yelled into the phone with some looks from school colleagues.
He put the fluffer on reserve, even though the shopgirls said they usually don’t do it. Came flying back to town to get me, go home, get the cat carrier and drop off my bike. Then we raced back to the pet store. He was there, the other orange kitty was gone.
But I picked up the little guy we had our hearts set on. He nestled into my hair and sweater right away. I knew he would be perfect. Into the cat carrier he went.
As Paul paid for the little boy, I took him for a walk to find some toys. Then it was back home to Audrey, and the introduction we were nervous about.
The first day was a bit rough. They had a quick supervised meeting, then he slept in the bathroom. The next day he had the bedroom to himself while Audrey had the house during the day, and bathroom again at night. It went like this until Thursday night when he “snuck past me” and explored the apartment. The next night he had the run of the apartment after work, and all weekend he didn’t get put back in the bathroom unless we thought Audrey needed a break.
They’ve been really good. We have been sure to give Audrey as much attention as we are giving him. An angry kitty is a mischievous kitty!
More stories and photos to come shortly. He definitely keeps us on our toes!
May 22, 2012 by Amie M
So we headed up to Kenesis Lake this weekend, to partake in some festivities at Mike’s grandmother’s cottage. The weekend …